Thursday, August 13, 2009

No answer

This morning I woke up not feeling too well. With some schools already on their first class day and others soon to be starting, I felt rather blah. I called another school and left a message as no one answered. Strange. I called the main district I'm trying to get into as I came across another position I'm qualified to teach. No answer. Eerie. Let me try again. No answer. What is going on here? The paranoid side of me says they have caller i.d. and don't want to talk to me. I just want to know when they are going to start calling new substitutes in for interviews. So, hopefully I'll start working as a sub sometime real soon. Maybe a teacher's aide and maybe an actual teacher which, is my hope. I want to get off this comfortable sofa, into uncomfortable shoes, and earn my pay. I'm tired of watching reruns of shows that when I was working was a great comfort. Only now they serve as reminders of my delayed success and this overwhelming feeling that I'm wasting away somehow....after several more calls I finally got a hold of someone. Apparently, interviews for new subs will not start until sometime in September. September?!! They are still flagging the names of those that attended the in-service. How about crossing off the names of those that were so late that the in-service started almost an hour late. So by the time fingerprints are finished, t.b. testing, and all that....I should start subbing in January? February? I'm annoyed and frustrated with the process that keeps changing. With documents that keep getting lost and a very slow process, I just don't think I can fathom another re-run of....well, anything. So, I wait. I wait to teach. And I'm getting older. A lot older.

No comments:

Post a Comment