Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Joy

Oh, joy! So, I stood up at church this weekend and made a declaration of my faith. The pastor who spoke at one point looked right at me and said, "Let go of my way and follow God's way." He wanted to know if I was capable of that?! Yes. And it's about time. So, I've been expecting great things for my life this week. Expecting God to use me in a big way for Him. And as you know, I've also been agonizing over finding a job. Well, yesterday I received a phone call asking me to go interview at a local middle school. I am 100% confident that job is mine. They will make a decision by Friday or early next week after interviewing three more people. They need not bother! Hahaha. So, I'm feeling good. It is not always easy to stay positive and keep the faith but I am trying. I really want to begin working as my poor husband has been working so much overtime to help us out. He even sold his gun so that I could have a/c in my car. How giving and generous he has become. He is so much more the man I wanted today than the day we were married.
So, along with getting out into the work world I am also getting to working out again. I have a lot to be inspired by. My big 3 0H no is coming up!...my friend Patty who juggles the world and still manages to take really good care of herself...and the fact that I don't want to be schleppy anymore. So, I've been hitting the elliptical, walking, and will soon start water aerobics. I'm not crazy about the last one but it's being offered to me at no cost so what's my excuse now?
Well, tonight I will be attending a birthday party for my hubby's 76 yr. old aunt and I am not looking forward to going. What to wear? How to wear it? Fake smiles and too many intrusive questions and drinking to no end. Not exactly my scene. I will make the best of it and then complain to anyone who will listen!
"....do you want evidence that faith without works is dead?"
James 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment