Tuesday, August 18, 2009

water for the thirsty

Well, today I feel like I'm living in a technicolor rainbow. I'm grasping for air and yet my oxygen mask is on. No news to report on the job front. I had to sell my drum. My snare drum my daddy bought for me in elementary. It was hard to do and I felt tears welling up in my eyes more than once. The manager was a bit abrasive but the sales guy was helpful. So its been a day of good and bad, right and wrong, laughter and tears. No job. No calls. But the day is not over.
I went outside to water my herbs and noticed they seemed perky. I say this because I haven't watered them in days and they were drooping over in thirst yesterday when I peaked out at them. I wanted to water them but was too busy with other things. But God stepped in and watered them when I could not. Again it rained when the forecast said it was not to be. We can not see what God is doing behind the scenes but we have to trust that He is always there. Ready to supply us with water when we thirst, food when we're hungry, and hope when it seems we're in a drought. My herbs bloom and I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment